Sunday, September 23, 2007

St. Padre Pio

For the past couple of years, I've forgotten where I had placed a third class relic of St. Padre Pio. Lorraine's parents, who received the relic almost 20 years ago from a family friend, gave it to her, so I feel really bad about it, and the parable of the servant who buried his talent came to mind. I know I could not have purposely thrown it out, but must have put it in a place so safe that I could no longer find it. After learning that it is St. Pio's feast day today, I resolved to ask him for help. And guess what, the first place that I looked, I found the relic. Thank you St. Pio!

Here is a prayer found inside the prayer card that the relic is attached to:

O Jesus, full of grace and charity, victim for sinners, so impelled by love for us that you willed to die on the cross, I humbly beseech you to glorify in heaven and on earth the Servant of God, Padre Pio of Pietrelcina, who generously participated in your sufferings, who loved you so much and laboured so faithfully for the glory of your heavenly Father and for the good of souls.

With confidence I beseech you to grant me, through his intercession, the grace of ... which I ardently desire.

Glory be to the Father ... (three times).

-- post by Lorraine's DH

No comments: